Arrival And Departure
- Arrival is 18:00 CET. If your arrival is delayed, please inform us.
- You must vacate the property by 12:00 CET on the day of departure.
- Departure before 08:00 must be arranged in advance.
- If these times cause you difficulty, please advise us as soon as possible.
- It may be possible to arrange for luggage to be left at the property.
Acceptance Of Booking
- A booking is subject to the receipt of full payment.
- Payment should be made by cheque made payable to The House or bank transfer.
- Bank details will be sent upon request.
- There is a 200€ damages deposit required in cash at the time of arrival.
- Should major damage occur we reserve the right to invoice you for the excess charges.
- All monies due to you from the damages deposit will be returned at the end of your stay.
- If you wish to cancel your booking you should advise us immediately in writing.
- Cancellation fees will be calculated from the day on which we receive your written cancellation.
- If the house/room is re-let, we will return all monies received.
- If the house/room is not re-let or no written notification is received by us, the outstanding balance will be payable by you.
In case of cancellation the charges due will be as follows:
- Any time from confirmation of booking to four weeks before the arrival date, all monies received will be returned.
- From four weeks to two weeks prior to arrival at the gite, 50% of the hire price is due.
- From 14 days to 8 days prior to arrival at the gite, 70% of the hire price is due.
- From 7 days to the date of arrival, the full price of hire will be due.
- The damages deposit, if paid, will be returned in full.
Cancellation By Us
- We promise not to cancel your holiday unless an extreme emergency occurs.
- Should we find it impossible, for reasons beyond our control, to provide you with the accommodation you have booked, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and return any monies paid.
- The client is responsible under French law for the property and its contents whilst on holiday.
- The House will not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, or inconvenience whether to person or property which the client or any of his or her party may suffer arising out of or in connection with the holiday or resulting from any cause whatsoever.
- The use of amenities where offered, such as garden, barbecue, etc. is entirely at the users risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to persons or property. The House reserves the right to deny access to these amenities in the interests of safety or the enjoyment by other guests.
- You must keep the property and all the furniture, fittings, facilities, equipment and grounds in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of your stay, and in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
- You will be responsible for the payment of any breakages, loss or damage to the property caused by you.
- The owner reserves the right to make deductions from the security deposit for any extra cleaning and to claim against you for any damage or loss, the cost of which exceeds the security deposit.
- You must report to us, without delay, any defects to the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property or garden, and arrangements will be made for repair and/or replacement as soon as possible.
- The parking of caravans/pitching of tents at the property is strictly forbidden.
- No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any car or its contents.
- Baggage and personal belongings are at the client’s own risk at all times.
- All the rooms and enclosed areas are non smoking.
Number Of People Staying
- Only the number of persons stated at the time of booking may use the property, unless otherwise agreed with the owners.
- The owners have the right to terminate hire without prior notice and without refund or compensation if the agreed numbers are exceeded.
- Extra people agreed with the owners will be charged at €10 per person per night.
- No pets are allowed.
- As with most of rural France, the local community has a natural dispersal system for sewerage.
- Do not flush sanitary or baby products, hair or any other items down the toilets.
- Only use French toilet paper – English toilet paper is indigestible to the system.
- Toilet cleaning products are provided.